Journalistic death toll in #Syria reaches 33
The death toll of journalists in Syria is mounting day by day. A total of 33 professional and citizen journalists have been killed since the start of the uprising in Syria in March last year.
The past few weeks have been particularly deadly, says a special report by the Paris-based press freedom watchdog, Reporters Without Borders (RSF). Around 10 citizen journalists have been killed since late May.
The approximation is due, says the group, to “the difficulty of verifying any information coming out of Syria. The regime has managed to impose a media blackout by posing many obstacles to visits by foreign journalists.”
In a detailed and lengthy report, RSF lists the deaths of several journalists with help from the Doha Centre for Media Freedom.
Source: Reporters without Borders
8 Notes/ Hide
- writetobeyou reblogged this from syrianfreedomls
- notable likes this
- voorwaarts likes this
- warsoundsinyou reblogged this from syrianfreedomls
- thepoliticalnotebook likes this
- dmanmarxx reblogged this from syrianfreedomls
- cleofuckingpatra reblogged this from syrianfreedomls
- iradeh reblogged this from syrianfreedomls
- syrianfreedomls posted this