SNN |#Syria | Daraa: Horan, i.e. Dar’aa province, Summary of the Day 9/Dec/2011
By Syrian Revolution General Commission and The Union of Horan Coordination Committees
***Includes a Statement from the Salah Adeen Battalion of the Free Syrian Army***
***Special Statement from the Salah Adeen Battalion of the Free Syrian Army***
The security forces and Shabiha (regime sponsored gangs) have continually overstepped toward our unarmed families and the protestors, and shot at unarmed protestors. In response to this, in the town of Asanmeen, the Battalion of Khalid Bin Waleed protected our unarmed families from the savage attacks of Assad’s gangs in a protest today, resulting in the death and wounding of some of these gang members today. We are taking this opportunity to warn everyone who spreads their arm toward the blood, honor, and property of our families that they cannot be guaranteed physical safety.
Today’s protests carried a new line of chants, not only asking for the fall of the regime and Buffer and No-Fly Zones, but also confirming that the residents of Dar’aa will take part in the Strike of Dignity, which is set to begin on Dec 11, 2011. Several protests included thousands of participants, including the towns of Inkhil, Al’harrak, and Da’el. Many of the protests began at the mosques after Friday prayers, and then met as one large protest in the middle of the towns. The protest in Da’el is said to have had more than 20,000 protestors. Massive protests mobilized in the following towns on the Friday which has been labeled Strike of Dignity Until the Fall of the Oppressor: seven protests in Dar’aa; one in Asanmeen; two in Inkhil; one in Almale’ha Asharqiya; one in Ana’eema; one in At-teeba; one in Sa’hm al-Jolan; two in Al’harrak; one in Jassem; one in al-Mata’iyah, one in Asoora; one in al-Mle’ha al-Gharbiya; one in ‘Alma; one in Na’hta; one in al-Maseefra; one in al-Jiza; one in Algharya Asharqiya; one in al-Mazareeb; one in al-Sheikh Miskeen; one in Umm Walad; one in ‘Atman; one in Alkarak Asharqee; one in Tal Shehab; one in Qurfa; one in ‘Adwan; two in Alyaduda; one in Seeda; one in Naseeb; one in Al’harra; one in Taseel; one in Bosra Ashaam; one in Da’el; one in Tafs; one in Bosr Al’hareer; one in Nimr; two in Ateeba; two in Ibti’; one in Khirbet Ghazala; one in Ka’heel; one in Ma’arba; one in Ghabagheb; one in Nawa; one in Asahwa; and one in Samleen. That is a total of 55 reported protests on this Friday.
The security forces and Assad’s gangs committed the following acts of violence in Dar’aa today:
• Protestors in Dar’aa were wounded after the security forces of Assad fired at them during a demonstration in Dar’aa al-Ma’hata.
• The 12 year old girl Iman Fawzi Al’aloosh died today in the town of Asanmeen, and two other women in the town are in critical condition after shots from the security forces. One of the women got shot in the mouth.
• Security forces shut down the town of Asanmeen with their vehicles and by maintaining a heavy presence.
• Heavy gunfire from the security forces and Shabiha (regime sponsored gangs) reported from all directions in the town of Inkhil. Security forces and Assad’s gangs stormed the town of Inkhil and shot at the protestors, resulting in 10 wounded, one of them a woman who is now in critical condition. The wounded were hidden in the homes of the residents, and the security forces and Assad’s gangs then directed their gunfire at the homes.
• The young girl Aminah Hasan Al’abood, only 15 years old, died today from gunshot wounds by the security forces, in addition to the injury of two of her brothers.
• Heavy gunfire and a campaign of arrests were carried out in the town of Jassem today by the security forces and Assad’s gangs.
• Adnan Ahmad ‘Hameed ‘Amyan was arrested this morning in the town of Tal Shehab.
• The protest which went out in Qurfa included chants which held the regime directly responsible for the detainee Dr. Zakariya Alghazali.
• There were heavy clashes between the security forces of Assad and the defected soldiers who are in the Free Syrian Army in Taseel today, which resulted in many wounded in the ranks of the security forces. Two civilians from the residents of Taseel were killed by the security forces, one of them a child.
The protestors in Yemen are chanting in solidarity with the residents of Dar’aa to Da’el:
The presence of security forces and Assad’s gangs in Dar’aa:
The sounds and sights of gunfire fired at civilians in Asanmeen by the gangs of Assad:
The funeral procession of the 12 year old girl Iman Fawzi al-‘Aloush killed in Asanmeen:
In Inkhil it is impossible to treat the wounded in hospitals, so they are treated in the homes:
Smoke rising and the wounding of one of the residents of Inkhil:
Thousands of protests on the Friday of the Strike of Dignity in the town of Al’harrak:
“Shame on the Arab League and the Arab presidents” rally in Al-Maseefra:
One of the largest rallies in Sheikh Miskeen yet:
“We only have God” and “We didn’t forget Hamza” large rally in Umm Walad:
Large Daytime rally in Alkarak Asharqee:
The protest of 20,000 residents in Da’el, “Our Syria is a Paradise, and the Free Syrian Army is Dear to our Hearts”: